November 24, 1959: A 15-mile stretch of the Interstate highway opens for travelers between Beloit and
Janesville. Gov. Gaylord Nelson cut symbolic ribbons at both cities, opening the first stretch of Interstate 90 in
Wisconsin. Wisconsin's first Interstate segment was completed on Sept. 4, 1958, when seven miles of Interstate 94 opened
between Goerke's Corners (Highway 18) and Highway SS in Waukesha County.